Where am I?
Patio HeatersNatural gas patio heaters provide a gentle, sun-like warmth. Infrared burners, emitter screens and reflector domes direct uniform, radiant heat downward to warm people and objects, not the air in between. While your heater will operate more efficiently in wind and weather protected areas, it can operate effectively in exposed areas.
- Size: The warmth from a patio heater can cover a 12 to 20-foot area. Choose a model that's best suited to how you'll be entertaining.
- Location: Where will you and your family use your patio heater most? Near cooking and eating areas? By the pool or spa areas where gas piping is already in place?
- Burners and Ignition: Models with adjustable burners and piezo ignitions light with the turn of a knob and allow you more control over heating output. Individual remote control switches provide instant starting.
- Safety: Some models have safety shut-off systems that automatically turn the unit off if when it's exposed to winds of 10 mph or more.
- Installation and Mounting Types: Installation options include permanent post or portable post for use with quick connection and suspended mountings. If you have outdoor space limitations, consider a model that can be suspended and permanently mounted out of the way. Depending on your outdoor design, you could choose a permanent mounting with a connection to your home's gas piping system, or for more portability, select a model that allows you to move your heater to various places by using a flexible gas line and quick-connect hookup.