Where am I?
1. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED. We collect a limited amount of personal information from you in certain areas of the Laclede Gas website (the .Website.) for various reasons. The following is a description of what information is collected:
Registration Information. Registration may be necessary to use certain areas of the Website. When you register at the Website, we ask you for a few items of personal information. All of this information is used to deliver a more personal and pertinent experience for users of the Website.
IP Addresses. An IP address is a number assigned to your computer when you connect to the Internet. As part of the protocol of the Internet, web services can identify your computer by its IP address. In addition, web services may be able to identify the type of browser and/or type of computer you are using. Laclede Gas collects IP addresses and related information for the purposes of system administration, to assess the traffic to the Website and to maintain and improve the Website. We do not link IP addresses to your personally identifiable information. We can and will, however, use IP addresses to identify a user when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with the terms and conditions of the Website or to protect our service, the Website, customers and others.
2. HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS USED.
In General. Laclede Gas uses registration information to learn more about how visitors use the Website and to measure areas of interest. This allows Laclede Gas to build features and functionality that will enhance your Website experience.
We might also use this information to respond to e-mails, provide customer support, enforce terms and conditions of the Website or other similar matters. Aggregate information is also used to help us run and maintain the Website, study traffic patterns and generally learn about the usage of the Website.
Government Authorities and Litigation. Sometimes a law, court order, or other judicial or administrative process requires us to provide information to a government authority or party to a private lawsuit. We will provide the information that we in good faith believe is required to comply with the law, order or other process.
3. WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED. Except as described above, we will not knowingly disclose or authorize the disclosure of personal identifiable information (other than aggregate statistical information) to any third party without your consent unless (1) we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may have breached the terms and conditions of the Website or who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Laclede Gas. rights or property, other Website users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities or (2) we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
4. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13 YEARS. Laclede Gas will not knowingly collect or accept personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13.
6. SECURITY PROCEDURES WE USE. We are very concerned with the security of your personally identifiable information and take great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
Once we receive your information, we take appropriate steps that we believe are reasonable to protect the security of your data on our system, both internally and from outsiders, and to ensure the integrity of the data we collect. We use a combination of technological and policy methods to protect this data. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. Please be aware that Laclede Gas will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail.